Green Infrastructure and Sustainable Design — No longer merely a fashion trend, reducing our environmental impact has become a necessity.
Mollie Dodd Anderson Library at George School, Newtown, PA
No longer merely a fashion trend, reducing our environmental impact has become a necessity. Gilmore & Associates, Inc. is committed to a professional practice that embraces green infrastructure which includes designs that utilize or emulate natural systems to provide the essential services demanded by civilization while protecting or enhancing environmental quality.
Engineers and consulting professionals have long been the stewards of our infrastructure. We are now at a critical crossroad. Infrastructure decisions in the government sector will shape the direction taken by the development community as the nation continues on its economic recovery. There is a window of opportunity to steer that recovery and future growth onto a more sustainable path. We cannot continue to rely solely on gray infrastructure. We must recognize the value of green.
Kensington High School for Creative and Performing Arts, Philadelphia, PA
Every site and infrastructure project demands a unique solution as one size does not fit all. There are essentialprerequisites to creating Green Infrastructure. Civil engineers and environmental consulting professionals need experience and a diverse knowledge base in their pursuit of sustainable design: Specifically, they need:
- An understanding of natural systems, the processes that drive them, and the impact potential.
- Sensitivity to context.
- To integrate broad based planning with the smallest design detail.
- To employ Low Impact Development (LID), Conservation Planning and Design techniques and Best Management Practices (BMP’s).
- LEED™ accreditation.
- Innovation born of curiosity, knowledge, and experience.
Whether serving public or private sector clients, the professionals at Gilmore & Associates, Inc. understand the challenge and complexity of providing environmentally and economically sustainable (“Green”) infrastructure and building solutions. Our team has the creativity, diversity of skills, and wealth of practical experience to create Green Infrastructure.
Sustainable Resources Targeted Services:
Site Analysis Documentation and Resource Inventories
- Surveying and mapping
Dansko Business Facility, Penn Township, PA
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Woodland surveys
Low Impact Development (LID) Planning and Design
Conservation Easement Documentation
- Site yield studies
- Land surveying and legal descriptions
- Easement baseline documentation and monitoring
- Preliminary scoring and feasibility
LEED Platinum Certification - Kensington CAPA High School, Philadelphia, PA
- Project Registration
- Value Engineering and Green Design audits
- LEED exam training
- Natural landscape design and restoration
- Park planning and design
- Trail planning and design
Potable Water Supply
- Source Water Protection
- Well Development
Decentralized Wastewater Treatment
- Spray and Drip Irrigation Systems
- Constructed Wetlands
- On-lot Wastewater Systems
- Water budgeting and hyrdogeologic modeling
- Stream restoration and natural channel design
- Bank stabilization and bioengineering
- Wetland and riparian mitigation design
- Dam removal
- Floodplain management
- Floodproofing/structure elevating
- Culvert design
- Watershed management – hydrologic and hydraulic modeling
- Stormwater master planning
- Best Management Practice (BMP) design
- Rainwater harvesting
- TMDL assessment and mitigation
- Erosion Control – Certified Erosion and Sedimentation Control Professionals
Geology and Soil Sciences
- Soil infiltration evaluations
- Aquifer recharge assessments
- Geothermal surveys and heat transfer evaluations
- Site assessment and brownfield remediation
- Carbonate geology studies
Environmental Impact Assessments
To learn more, view our representative projects or contact us today